Sunday, April 13, 2008

An Observation~

Why Low Carb?

We have to work with our bodies and create harmony. Low carb can bring balance to your body, like nothing else.

Based on my own research, I believe that inflammation is our bodies biggest enemy. Inflammation upsets the beautiful synergy within.

When one eats white flour, white sugar, processed breads, cereals, grains, weird butter type spreads, refined cookies, chips, white bread, cakes, mac & cheese, et al (the list goes on and on and on) I think the body will react to the irritant by producing an inflammatory response.

This could manifest as anything~heartburn, spastic colon, exzema, psoriasis, acne, migraines, problems with menses, allergies, colds, flu or even worse cancer, diabetes, or a myriad of chronic health problems.

Granted, outside sources can contribute to inflammation that we have no control over, but we can control what we ingest.

I thought I was avoiding anything inflammatory, until I discovered Red Dye 40 ( and other numbers!). Check your labels...what you think may be safe contains crap like red dye, msg, other chemical additives that I cannot spell or pronounce and that our bodies do not recognize.

Believe me when I tell you, I have suffered from a myriad of conditions that I blame on inflammation. Now, many, many years ago.....I put it all together, and have tried to eliminate most inflammatory substances from my diet. I'm not perfect, but I do the best I can.

The Fountain of Youth? (It’s Not Botox)

Besides good health, let me tell you what else can be achieved when you eliminate sugar, flour and crap from your diet.....You will improve your skin tone. Ladies (and gents) I am telling you, the fountain of youth rests with an anti inflammatory lifestyle.

I am fifty years old (Yes, I said it 50). I used to lie about my age because I could and everyone believed me. But, I'm going to be honest and tell you that I am 50, that's me in my avatar picture. My photo isn’t faked or photoshopped and I have more if anyone wants proof. (no Russian Brides here!) Here's another recent one with my husband.




I have NEVER had botox, plastic surgery, restalyne, boob implants, lipo, or anything else.

Because I follow a diet relatively free from inflammatory substances, I believe my skin has not suffered from the effects of free radicals. I seriously don't have wrinkles and my hair is full (although I do have to touch up a bit of gray).

I don't use Retin A or anything like that. Just Oil of Olay for sensitive skin and make-up you can buy at Wal Mart or Target. I even tan (not burn, there is a difference), with no ill effects.

The Secret Is On the Inside

Learn to love and forgive, add good supplements, don't eat junk. DON’T SMOKE! Get some exercise at least five times a week. Meditate, pray, take time for yourself. The fountain of youth and of health will be yours!

True beauty is within; treat others as you want to be treated, release anger, try not to stress!Love your body and she will love you back!

No comments:

Copyright 2008 - 2012 Chilled White Whine