Saturday, April 26, 2008

Got Cheesy Buns? (~No, Not Yours~! ) I'm Talking About EASY Low Carb HAMBURGER BUNS! ~Keep Reading~



Just in time for backyard barbeques, here is a fabulous recipe for low carb hamburger buns, adapted from my Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust recipe!

Thanks to Charski (from Low Carb Friends) for tweaking my Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust to make these delicious cheesebread rounds!

One of the things most low carb eaters miss the MOST is bread. We all know white sugar and white flour are our enemies, but sometimes you just want a sandwich or a hamburger, right?

Don't fall off the low carb wagon! Keep your buns lean by shunning the white flour and trying these low carb delights!

Now, you have a choice when everyone else is eating a burger. Make a batch for home and keep some with you when dining out!

You'll never have to eat just the middle of a sandwich or burger again!

Incorporating the Low Carb Lifestyle to your way of life is as easy as pie (low carb, that is!) ENJOY!

Here is her adaptation~with pictures and Charski's notes!

Cheesebread Rounds - takeoff on NancyEllyn's Crispy Pizza Crust

DH and I really loved Nancy's crispy pizza crust. I got to thinking about it and figured, why not make a BREAD out of it? So this is the result!

Cheesy Bread Rounds

3 extra-large or jumbo eggs
1 scoop Designer Whey unflavored protein powder
1 tablespoon raw wheat bran
1 tablespoon flax meal
6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
6 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375*

lightly grease nonstick muffin top pans to make 12 rounds

In a blender or food processor, place ingredients in order listed.

Process til smooth. (I used my VitaMix but will probably try the food processor next time - easier to get the stuff out! )

Portion equally into muffin top pans ( An ice cream scooper makes this very easy)
I used one that holds just under 1/4 cup

Smooth evenly into cups



Bake at 375* approx. 10 minutes, or til just starting to brown on top

They will puff a bit and then flatten again with cooling

Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely



Enjoy with our favorite low carb sandwich filling, tuna salad, cold cuts, burger, grilled chicken~Use your imagination!



Store leftovers in a ziploc in the fridge!

EASY, fast, delicious! I figured these to be about 1 carb each but may vary with the protein powder you use. Fiber is a trace.Thanks, NancyEllyn, for that wonderful pizza dough recipe!
__________________________________________________________________

Read the original post with follow ups here
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/552023-cheesebread-rounds-takeoff-nancyelle-s-crispy-pizza-crust-pics.html

Thank YOU Charski, for this wonderful adaptation!

6 comments:

Medusa said...

Wow! Thanks so much for this recipe, Nancy Ellyn! A bun with my burger...how wonderfully decadent!

PS. I made another pizza last night using your fantastic pizza crust recipe...and ate the WHOLE thing. lol.

Nancy Ellyn said...

((((Medusa))) You are a doll!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I left you a message on my blog about this but thought you might not be back so I just wanted to say those look great almost enough to make me wish I was just starting my Atkins and had those for induction "cheese" burgers.

HEALTH NUT WANNABEE MOM said...

First the pizza and now this! You are making my mundane low carb diet much tastier and me much happiier.thanks!

BillyWarhol said...

mmmmm that sandwich looks Yummy!!

I'll have to try this with my BBQ BillyBurgers (my Specialty)*

I love Thin Crust Pizza too*

+ Panera Bread!!

;))

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for this recipe! It is so hard to find low carb buns these days so this will definitely come in handy. They look delicious!

Copyright 2008 - 2012 Chilled White Whine